LET’S START WITH A FEW QUESTIONS…
Before embarking on any project, it is important that I get to know you and why you want a website, and will ask you to answer these questions:
- What is the name of the business? Who is the primary contact/decision maker? Please provide your contact information.
- What is the title and tagline for your site?
- Briefly describe your organization. What is your vision statement and/or mission statement? Your core message?
- Who is your audience? What do you know about them? What problem are you solving for them?
- Who are your competitors? What differentiates you?
- Why do you want a new website? What is the purpose of this site?
- Is there a primary action you would like from a visitor? (Fill out a contact form, sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase?)
- How do people find out about your business?
- How do people find out about your site? Social media? Other channels? What terms would they use in their search engine?
- Describe your idea of a successful website.
- If you have an existing website, what do you like and what don’t you like about it?
- What websites do you like and dislike? (Please provide links to examples.)
- Briefly describe the sections of your website and the content that needs to be in each section. This article may help.
- Describe any special functionality you will need: forms, shopping cart, subscription, newsletter, donations, etc.
- What is the status of your content: logo, images, photos, video, and text?
- Do you have social media accounts set up? Do you want your site to link to these?
- Will you need regular updates to the site? Do you have someone in-house to do this?
- What is your deadline?
- What is your budget?
- Anything else?
Ready to get started?