LinkedIn can be great place for digital freelancers to connect with other business and to create referral opportunities. If you’re considering leveraging LinkedIn, the first thing you need to do is optimize your LinkedIn profile.
Today Mary Wu, Your LinkedIn Guru guided us through creating a profile that increases your visibility and leads to more meaningful connections.
Here are some highlights:
- Make sure you have a simple and clear headline that represents you well – it shows up with every comment you make.
- Turn on Creative Mode if you are creating content and want people to follow you.
- Don’t get LinkedIn Premium, it’s not worth the money!
- LinkedIn can be confusing – but their Help is outstanding
- Mary shared her Foundation 4×4 Steps – a checklist of things you should do on LinkedIn Daily / Weekly / Monthly / Yearly
- I shared a blog post I wrote about getting reviews on various platforms including LinkedIn
- I have uploaded a recorded video to my Google Drive. Click this link to see it. If you are interested in watching it, please just request access. (Sorry I had to do it this way, I had zero space left in the Zoom Cloud to store it there. I’ll remember to clear that up for next time!)
- If you’re interested in learning more from Mary, please connect with her on LinkedIn!
Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, September 14th and will be on Creating a Tagline or Headline that Hooks In Your Audience
More details and an agenda will be posted within 2 weeks of the next meeting. You can RSVP here.